Photo Cred: Katrina V.
Photo Cred: Jonathan!
The trip started with a scenic three hour drive in a nauseatingly driven bus. With gravol thrown back, the movie “Atonement’ brought us through the trip. Arriving into Edinburgh, we gasped as we crossed the Northbridge over to our drop off point. The Old Town buildings were monuments to old european architecture. The weekend followed a relaxed schedule in a small flat off of the Edinburgh High street. With seven girls and countless guests we kept ourselves up late enough to dread getting up in the morning.
The issue with this dread was that it fled quickly with the awaiting day. We awoke the first day to a delicious homemade breakfast courtesy of the incredible Katie and the cozy cuddles courtesy of my bedmates Kat and Keltie. The first day we shopped too much, visited Edinburgh castle, and then roamed the National Gallery.
Sunday morning we walked 45 minutes to an incredible church called “Destiny”. The worship was incredibly filling and uplifting even though I didn’t know half the songs.
To continue our day, we trekked up the very large hill called “Arthur’s Seat” in 30 minutes. At the top, the wind furiously blew around us in an attempt to throw us off the cliff. We listened to incredible music and watched the sunset. It was the highlight of my trip. With another 30 minutes down, it made an hour and a half of a hike. We walked around some more at night, and then made it home by 9:30. We realized as we got home that we had been walking for the entire day and we almost died of exhaustion.
Because it was our last night there, we decided to complete our Scotland adventures with a screening, at our flat, of Braveheart. Starting the movie at 11pm was probably not the wisest idea. All 15 people ended making their way out around 2am to walk back to their hostels. The feeling the next day was blissful exhaustion. Edinburgh is my new favourite city and I could not be happier with my choice to go there on travel weekend.
We stopped at Primark everyday and I got a sick pair of shoes and some awesome Scottish flag socks. So much Primark it’s crazy!
At first, we were all bummed to go home. Then we realized where home was and it was uplifting. Our home was a castle in England-not too shabby!
Can I just say this:
I LOVED EDINBURGH AND I'M SO HAPPY TO BE WHERE I AM!
Cheers,


